Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just ordered, received and installed crisper cover support

Just ordered, received and installed crisper cover support (Part Select number PS326335).
Upon installing crisper drawer, side rubber gaskets on cover support "grab" drawer very tightly as you slide crisper drawer completely in. You need two hands to pull drawer out.
Any suggestions on how make crisper drawer slide more freely in cover support housing? I was about to use silicone spray on gaskets, but thought it best to contact you first.

Thank you,

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you're on the right track. I would first remove the crisper drawer and heat the gasket with a hair dryer for about 15 minutes or so, then install the drawer to form the gaskets better. If you still have problems, you want to use a thick grease, nothing with low viscosity like WD40 for example because that will actually cause more problems than help. But if you grease the plastic supports and gaskets, that will work wonders.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you suggest a type pf grease. A particular brand name would be helpful. At the moment, I'm not sure what to look for at a home depot or Lowes. You answer would close the loop.

Vaseline is probably the best option for this issue.