Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

ge washer just gives to beeps when I push start button. No

ge washer just gives to beeps when I push start button. No locking of washer door. No starting of wash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the door way and can be seen if you open the door.

And can you still change and select different cycles and options? It just won't start when you press the start button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WBVH6240HWW

Yes, still can change cycle options. Start light blinks.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so unfortunately this means that your washer isn't sensing that your door is shut properly. Be sure that the door is securely shut and try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then below is a link to the door lock assembly you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue because it's not reading that the door is shut.

CLICK HERE for door lock assembly

his is why your washer will not start to wash the cycle. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried unplugging power & no luck. looks like I'll have to buy the lock assembly. I found same thing for a lower price @ midwest applicance.com I see from mine that there are 3 sets of wires attached that I assume will be easy to unplug and plug into new assembly when I get it?

Also since I'm pulling away gasket - mine is pretty gross. How hard it is to replace with new one?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Replacing the gasket is actually quite difficult if you haven't done it before because the retaining ring around the back of the gasket is difficult to put back on without pulling the gasket off. I'm not saying it can't be done because I'm able to do the process in about 15 - 20 minutes since I've changed literally hundreds. But many new technicians can struggle for hours, so it's hard to know how hard it would be for you to do yourself.

But you are correct, the latch assembly just has 3 power wire connections that you can easily disconnect once you pull the latch forward so that you can replace it. And midwest appliance is a good place to order from, so if it's cheaper I'd just order it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I'll skip the gasket change.

I've sprayed bleach and Tilex onto the gasket in the past to try to get out mold/mildew with varying success. Any suggestions?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can scrub it with bleach, but you can not remove the stains because rubber is porous so it gets inside the rubber.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Helpful to know - thanks.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just confirming the assembly. I checked the model numbers this assembly is supposed to work with and the highest GE model number is XXXXX

mine is WBVH6240HWW

This is what I'm looking at

https://www.midwestapplianceparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9733

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore that. I looked up the part specific to your model. It's the correct part. Those model checkers are never up to date.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.