Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigidaire gallery (model fghc2379kp2) has not given cubed

My frigidaire gallery (model fghc2379kp2) has not given cubed ice since we purchased it 7 months ago, only gives crushed ice.
Recently the water flow from the door dispenser has become very slow and the ice cubes are now tiny.

Any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the ice dispenser only dispenses crushed cubes, this means that your bar along the bottom of the bin is not being lifted.  If you remove the bin you'll see the metal bar along the bottom of it which is used to change the ice dispenser from crushed to cubed.  Look at the back wall behind the ice bin now.  You'll see a hole that the metal bar goes through.  This is where a white plastic stirrup pulls up on the lever to change the bin to "cubed" ice.  Make sure that the metal bar does not slide under the stirrup when you re-install the bucket.  Try the dispenser again and if it still won't dispense cubed ice, you'll need to order and replace the ice solenoid that lifts the stirrup looking device behind the back panel inside the freezer. Now the unit is only 6 months old so it'll still be covered under warranty, so I'd call warranty if you determine that the bucket is pushed into place properly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!