Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

we recently purchased a home with a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher

we recently purchased a home with a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher and found out it leaks so I purchased new door gasket and cleaned it up and installed it inspected door for any damage I see none, first time we ran it new gasket it didnt leak but now it does and we are careful on how we load it appears to be dripping out of bottom of door but cant be sure , any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

665.15529000

OK perfect, so the first thing you want to do is make sure you didn't replace the gasket incorrectly. The lip of the gasket should be facing inward or else it won't seal properly. If that checks good, open the door and remove all the screws around the border and make sure the water isn't dripping down through the inside of the door. If everything checks good, then just order and replace the gasket again because it sounds like it may just be a faulty gasket since there is no adjustment on the latch striker to pull the door shut tighter.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

looks like water maybe running down inside door, seal around vent doesent look very good.

OK that's a fairly common issue. Parts are no longer made for the vent, but you can clean up the area and run a bead of silicone around where the gasket should be sealing up the vent. If it continues to leak, then it's time to replace the dishwasher, but most of the time the silicone will fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ill try silicone thanks

No problem and I wish you only the best of luck.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

silicone didnt do the trick looks like a new dishwasher is the correct answer, thanks for your help. Rick

Alright, so unfortunately many of these parts are not still available for this dishwasher because it's a bit older, so if silicone didn't work then you're correct that you'd need a new dishwasher.