Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a GE RANGE profile MO#JBP49W0K3WW ... The burners

i have a GE RANGE profile MO#JBP49W0K3WW ... The burners work fine but the key pad doesn't seem to register anything but a "beep" when i hit start. ...board or OVERLAY SUPPORT ASM GE WB27T10691 ?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I see you have requested me
If you're getting a beep when you press any button, then you definitely don't have a bad touchpad. Lets make sure your control panel is not locked up however. First unplug the oven for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, press and hold the 9 and 0 buttons together for 5 seconds to unlock the touchpad. And if nothing works, then you need to order and replace the display board. Below is a link to the display control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm sorry another tech has over posted me, Did you specifically request appliance doc ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes ... sorry Pro tech .... you've been a huge help in the past. . . (but i did ask Doc

no problem. anytime. I opted out, thanks, Bryan
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX need anything else just let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this stove started cycling an error code F7 on the left of the display and D7 , D8 , & E9 on the Right ... does this change anything?

So "F7" means that you have a bad touchpad, but I think that's a false error code since D7, D8, and E9 should never show up on the display unless the display board is bad. That being said, It sounds like the "F7" is just a false error code because the display board is going out. I'd still replace the display board.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

big trouble .... just changed the ctrl board and still only get a :"beep" from start and stop on this range.

Ok but it's not just showing "7" anymore?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes ... still runs the same codes ... F7 on the left of the display and D7 , D8 , & E9

OK so F7 is actually an error code that means your touchpad has shorted. Now I don't know why the D7 D8 and E9 are showing up because that sounds like just confusion in the display board. Either way, I'd replace the touchpad and if you can return the display board, maybe return it. Now the touchpad is the glass pad and it's listed at over $230 but I see a place that sells it for $140, so below is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ouch

Aye, I'm really really sorry about that.