Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dd603 is not cleaning the dishes properly any more and is

My dd603 is not cleaning the dishes properly any more and is leaving a strange white coating on some of them. There is some water left in the filter - I have taken it apart to check if the arm and impeller are working properly - they seem to be.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately the problem is not with the dishwasher, but rather with the detergent. Please let me explain. First, if the glasses get cloudy, you'll need to scrub them clean by hand with hot water and vinegar because the dishwasher can't get the film off the glasses once the film is baked and dried onto the glasses. That being said, this is actually a very common issue lately and you'll need to use an additive called "Finish Power Boost" (blue bottle with a red cap) which you add to your detergent. In addition to that, be sure to use Jet Dry Turbo (not just normal Jet Dry) as your rinse agent. About 6 months ago, detergent companies changed their formulas and removed phosphates in the detergent due to regulations which makes them not perform well at all. Go to the two links below and you can learn more about the complaints people are having since this regulation went live. The 2nd one is a video from my local news that aired recently. Please ignore the advice about vinegar or baking soda in the links as those are home remedies that really don't work.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also thought that might be the case, but I have tried running it with Trisodium Phosphate to help boost the cleaning ability, but to no avail. This issue seemed to come on suddenly a few days ago, so I'm not sure what to think.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There really isn't anything else that would give a white coating to the dishes except the products you put inside the dishwasher unless the dishwasher just needs to be cleaned out. So if you want to try to clean the dishwasher out properly you can. You'll need to pick up a product called "Dishwasher Magic" and place it upside down inside the dish rack. The wax cap will melt through a normal cycle and that will clean out the entire dishwasher.

As a last resort if you've tried everything I've said, I'd replace the dispenser in the front of the drawer because it may not be opening to allow Jet Dry turbo out properly.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.