Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn

My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn it on. It locks and then does nothing. Eventually it will flash E01 and F06. Please help me.

Julie
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you're having because it's definitely a very bad error to have. I want to first say that I know this is a very new unit, so if it's less than a year old, please call warranty and they will fix the problem at no charge. If it's not less than a year old, then Maytag isn't likely to help you on the repair I'm afraid.

Let's start by explaining the error. So to start, E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly.  The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer.  The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it.  You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure.  If everything looks good, then you just have to somewhat guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU.  The problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game.  That's what makes this one of the worst errors to get. I usually replace the CCU as I find it's much more common to fail.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!