Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Wolf convection wall oven. We had a power outage and

I have a Wolf convection wall oven. We had a power outage and then the oven started flashing a message "checksum" and beeping. No matter what I do I cannot change anything except the clock. Only turning off breaker stops the beeping of course.

I need to know what needs to be done
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is quite a major issue. "Checksum" means that the EEPROM inside your main display control board has shorted and won't boot up properly. At this point, the only way to stop the beeping is to turn the circuit breaker off, but the display board itself will need to be replaced to actually get rid of the checksum error. I'm really sorry about the bad news because those boards are not cheap on these Wolf ovens. The part itself is normally about $300 or so depending on the exact model number.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!