Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE wall oven - 20 years old - J KP14WOT1WW - the

I have a GE wall oven - 20 years old - J KP14WOT1WW - the power went out and now I get an error code on the electronic panel (L2?)/time display unit. GE says the panel needs to be replaced but they have no parts. The panel keeps beeping constantly so we disconnected the unit. Any suggestions? Where can I get the panel. What replacement oven will best fit the existing cut-out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there aren't any ovens that will fix exactly for this oven. That being said, the error L2 means that your oven is only getting 120 volts instead of 240 volts. You'll want to uninstall the oven and check between the black and red wire to make sure you have 240 volts going to the oven where the power cord connects. If not, then you have a power supply problem, not a bad control board. If you do have 240 volts, then you'd need a new control board. The part number is XXXXX which is no longer made, but you can always remove the display board and mail it into a place like to have it refurbished if you like. The cost would be about $150-200 normally.

As for finding an oven that will best fit the existing cut out, you'll want to pull the oven out and measure the cut out height and width. This unit is too old to have digital records of what the cut out dimensions are which is why I can't look them up. But if you bring those dimensions into Sears or Lowes, they can see which models will best fit in the space without too much alteration.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!