Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

HBL8450 interior light on control panel dark reset circuit

HBL8450 interior light on control panel dark reset circuit breaker
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this particular built in oven doesn't have any fuses or cut outs that would stop the display board from illuminating. You'll need to un-install the entire unit and remove the top panel so that you can test the power between the red and black power wires coming in from the power cord. Make sure you're getting 240 volts and if so, the display board needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what if it's not the control board

There really isn't a "what if". If your oven is getting 240 volts, then you definitely have a bad control board.