Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am getting ready to re-install my Commercial Cool portable

I am getting ready to re-install my Commercial Cool portable air condition (Haier) r model no. CPN14XC9. It functioned perfectly last year, however, before I re-install it I would like to remove the back cover to clean up the inside condenser as it has some dirt blocking part of it. I have removed all the visible screws around the back cover but it will open so I can clean it. What am I missing? Should I just pull it straight out (horizontally, vertically)? Please advise. Thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there really is no reason to remove the entire back cover. Only the filter vent cover should need to be removed and the filter removed. That cover just pulls straight up and off. But if you want to remove the entire back cover, you just remove all the screws around the border, the screw in the center on the back, and then you should be able to pull the entire back panel off by pulling straight back on it, but that is definitely not an easy task.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!