Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LG Wave Force Washing Machine... It stopped draining

I have an LG Wave Force Washing Machine... It stopped draining the water during the spin cycle... I have unplugged it for more than a minute... I have cleaned the filters both hot and cold...I have manually drained it and the drain flows freely.... All it does is flash the OE code and spins slowly... What should I do?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

You need to see if the drain pump is getting power or trying to run. If you tip the unit back against the wall you will see the pump. There are 2 hoses attached to it. Put it on drain/spin and have someone start the unit. See if the pump is humming or vibrating(put your hand on it). If it is either something is jammed in it...like a coin or foreign object or the impeller is broken off the pump. Either problem with the pump is common. Here is a link to a new one if needed. Now of you are not sure if there is power to it...you need a volt meter to check for power to the plug on the pump. The pump will generally get warm quickly if bad or jammed though.

CLICK HERE FOR PART
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so the tub isn't spinning very fast either.... would this be from the pump?

If the water is not all pumping out then yes the tub will not spin fast either.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok so i found the white pump in the back with a black hose coming from the tub and going out the back of the machine.... the pump does not hmm or vibrate whatsoever.... if this is the problem, where can i get one and how much do they usually cost?

The pump is 84 dollars and I provided a clickable link in the first post I sent to you. Just scroll back up and click on it. You can order it from Sears, they are the only ones that show they have it. You should test it for power to confirm you are getting 120 volts to the pump just to make sure the pump is the issue otherwise it would just be an educated guess.

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you.