Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

we have kitchenaid model ksrl25fxms02 side by side. it stop

we have kitchenaid model ksrl25fxms02 side by side. it stop working
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "it stop working"?

Is either the refrigerator or the freezer cooling at all? And do you hear anything running or is the refrigerator 100% silent?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no cooling on freezer or ref. also no motor or fan can be heard

OK so everything is completely 100% silent. Can you tell me what is showing on the display?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

display is off but when i recall it by pressing a button, there is nothing out of ordinary, no warning or anything at all

OK so that's a big problem. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to order and replace the main power board on the back of the refrigerator. It's located on the back of the unit down by the compressor. This is a very new refrigerator still so if it's less than 1 year old, call warranty. Otherwise you'd need to order and replace part W10356039 and it costs about $200 for the part.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is a possibility of power surge yesterday while we were out. when we got home all clocks were blinking. could it have anything to do with this.

That definitely would be a strong possibility for this problem because power surges are really prone to causing control board failures.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found a white box with all sorts of wires going to it next to compressor. is the control unit inside this box.

Possibly, that could be the inverter. I can't say without being there. But the control board looks like the part in the linke below.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10356039-ap5305405.html

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!