Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

i have a bosch b22cs80sns. I just replaced the water filter

i have a bosch b22cs80sns. I just replaced the water filter and now it won't make ice. It wasn't making enough ice, thats why i replaced it. The water still dispences. Is there something I need to reset or something? The unit is only 6 months old. Thanks, Danny
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Is the unit on a reverse osmosis system for the water supply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I believe so, Kinectico system

Ok a couple things. A reverse osmosis system is always bad for a hookup to any refrigerator as the water pressure is too low to supply the icemaker with enough water. The icemaker is a time based for if the water pressure is too low it will barely fill or hardly at all. Then you will get really no cubes or shallow hollow cubes at best. I would check the water pressure to the unit. You should remove the line to the unit and try and fill a bucket. It should be coming out very fast with good pressure to fill a bucket. If it is then you may have a bad icemaker or a valve issue. I would contact warranty for that issue as that could get expensive to repair and it is all covered under warranty..minus the supply line to the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok,i will give that a shot. Just another question regarding the filter, does it need to be manually reset when changed? Thank you very much for your help