Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Samsung RF4287HARS 28 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator.

I have a Samsung RF4287HARS 28 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator. The ice dispenser flap and water are back to back. Suddenly both now give water. I assume something is hung up but some guidance would be great.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Typically when this happens the switch is bad on the case assembly. First try to unplug the unit for 30 secs and then plug it back in. Then You need to take the dispenser apart and more than likely replace the case assembly. That contains the switches for the ice and water and one is bad so you only get water for both do to the nature of the dispenser setup. Here is a link to the part. It is a very common issue. Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar.