Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Had a new Bosch dishwasher installed this afternoon. Installer

Had a new Bosch dishwasher installed this afternoon. Installer said he was running a rinse cycle when he left and said we should just let it run through. At 10:30 tonight I opened the door to hear the washer making a sound as if it's running. Water spilled out onto the floor. Display is flashing "Watertap" in red with E15 on display. I cannot get machine to shut off or run any other cycle. I can't believe I'm having a problem on the first run!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

To be clear, when you opened the door tonight, water poured out because it had overfilled?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the whole interior is dripping wet and I assume some just fell from the door when I opened it tonight.

OK because E15 means there is water in the food pan below the dishwasher. I don't think water just fell from the door. This is a brand new washer, so I'd call warranty and have them come out to look at this dishwasher. The dishwasher will need to be un-installed or the lower access panel removed and all the water drain out of the flood pan. Then comes the task of figuring out why it's flooding. Possibly a bad gasket on the dishwasher, or often times the garbage disposal may not have had the knock out plug punched out to accept the dishwasher drain hose. Either way, these are not issues you should be having to worry about on a brand new unit and for that I apologize. The motor noise you hear running is the procedure the dishwasher does when it detects a flood. The drain pump will constantly run until the flood pan below the dishwasher has been drained out.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. XXXXX within my rights to ask the store to send me a new dishwasher rather than repair one I haven't even gotten to use yet?

So every store has their own policy on appliance returns. But I know that most major appliance dealers will allow returns on products less than a week old, so I would think that since it just got installed that you can likely ask for a replacement.