Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a bosch shu43c02 dishwasher that wont heat I have checked

i have a bosch shu43c02 dishwasher that won't heat I have checked all componants per the manual and all test good. I replaced the ntc as is checked open when I first checked it then it checked ok. the unit will not run a self test. I have tried many times per the ma
nual but it will not run it. what do you think is the module bad.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is by far the most common problem with this dishwasher and the nth sensor and heating element are not the problem. The problem is that the heat relay on the display control board inside the door in the upper right corner has shorted out and the control board needs to be replaced. I would recommend calling Bosch with your full model and serial number located on a sticker on the right side if the door. This model had several series recalled for the control board catching on fire. Now that isn't your problem, but if your series is under the recall, Bosch will replace the control board at no charge and that will fix your current heating problem. If your unit wasn't recalled, the board is normally about $150.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we will contact bosch and get the board replaced. this was the only conclusion I could come up with. if this repairs it I will contact you back with a huge attaboy and a pat on the back. thanks for the help rick

Not a problem. If you need anything else, just let me know of course. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!