Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My sub zero refrigerator stopped cooling. It is a tall column

My sub zero refrigerator stopped cooling. It is a tall column with a refrigerator and two freezer drawers. The lights are still on. The LCD display says -- When I push and hold the cooler button, it seems to kick on but turns off almost immediately. I don't see a power button on my model. Is there a way to "reset"? What are the options to troubleshoot?

Thank you!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The display showing -- actually tells you that the refrigerator thinks you turned it off by pressing the "warmer" button and holding it. It sounds like pressing and holding the colder button is getting the refrigerator to turn back on, but then when you let go of the button, the refrigerator thinks you're pressing the warmer button again because the warmer button is starting to fail. Try to turn the circuit breaker off and use a hair dryer to heat up the touch panel. Rub your thumb over the warmer button and let it cool down. Turn the circuit breaker back on to see if it will reset. If it doesn't reset, you'll need to order and replace the touchpad because it has failed.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!