Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

It starts to fill with water but shuts off before filling completely,

It starts to fill with water but shuts off before filling completely, if I move the water depth slide to small loads then move it back up it will start to fill again but then stop again. I think it could be the infinity fill switch. Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I may better assist you please? The model should be located on a sticker on the back of the control panel or under the lid down near the hinges somewhere.
Also, once it's done filling, does the washer start to agitate like normal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model A882 Yes it will agitate once it fills but I have to slide the load size up and down a couple times

OK so you're exactly right, your pressure switch is no longer measure the proper water level anymore. This is the part behind the control panel what you adjust by changing the water level moving the dial on the front of the control panel. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!