Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi, I have a Viking professional refrigerator # XXXXX 136LSS3.

I have a Viking professional refrigerator # XXXXX 136LSS3. The freezer compartment ices up on the bottom and needs constant defrosting. Is there a line clogged, and can I run compressed air to clean it?
Thanks, Barry
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The problem here is the defrost drain is blocked, In order to fix this problem remove the shelfs/drawer from the freezer, Next remove the lower panel in the rear. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator (looks like a car radiator) below this you will see the defrost drain pan.

Use a hair dryer to melt the ice you will see in the drain pan. Mop the water up you will then see the defrost drain. Pour hot water into the drain pan, leave the water for a few minutes then mop it up, Repeat this several times until you see the water drain away.

At this point you will be all set and can button the unit back up :)

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it, thank you. It is fixed. The drawers and interior trim were incredibly difficult to remove- not a job for a novice!

Awesome! yes not easy to explain either :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Thanks!

Mike.