Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Adora Microwave DVM1850DM2BB (Manufactuered March 2009)

GE Adora Microwave DVM1850DM2BB (Manufactuered March 2009) periodically started to run fans upon opening of door. The house circuit breaker tripped twice. Now the microwave does not run at all. I was about to check the fuse, but I am concerned that there is an underlining problem that is causing the circuit breaker to trip.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Well first off if the microwave is completely blank it did blow the internal fuse.Now this microwave actually has two internal fuses, they are located on the noise filter. Noise Filter WB02X11244 Main Product View Now to the cause. the fans starting when the door is opened is a door switch usually. Micro Switch WB24X830        Main Product Viewthere are 3 of these so you need to test them all. they are marked with arrows on this diagram. numbers 67 and 68. heres a link to a video on how to test them. If they all test good then the smart board is shot. Control Board WB27X10949 Main Product View a relay on the board is engaging which means theres a short in the board.