Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

We have a Maytag Epic Z Front Loading Washer. F-24 code is

We have a Maytag Epic Z Front Loading Washer. F-24 code is displayed. What is problem and how do we clear?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have access to the rear of the washer ?

Customer:

Yes.

Customer:

We have unplugged washer and have access to the rear of the washer.

Randy 43 :

Ok great , the problem will be a heat sensor issue , if you remove the rear panel you will most likely see a broken wire to the sensor of the outer tub ,,around the 7'oclock position ..try to reterminal the connection and it should be ok ..you may need to add more wire ,depensding on the break

Customer:

Thanks Randy. We will try this in the morning since it could be a bit complicated and it is getting late. May need to go to Lowe's for wire. Can we still contact in the morning?

Customer:

My husband said we want to have a technician come out to repair.

Randy 43 :

yes , absolutely //you may not need wire ///most times it is just a break at the connection

Customer:

The back panel does not look easy to remove.

Randy 43 :

if you are atleast a little bit techinical ? have a quick peek it can save you some $$

Randy 43 :

lots of scews but it comes off

Customer:

Okay. He said he will try it in the morning when he is fresh! Do we need to disconnect the power cord and drain hose?

Randy 43 :

ive only had bad connections on a F24 error

Randy 43 :

unplug and disconnect drain only if limited for space

Customer:

Okay, so how do we get back online to talk with you or someone in the morning?

Randy 43 :

just respond to the same question ..even after rating you can keep asking questions

Customer:

Okay - thanks.

Randy 43 :

ok thx

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert