Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Frigidaire gallery is not running at all .has power to light.

Customer Question

My Frigidaire gallery is not running at all .has power to light. m/n frs26xggdo sn la51608812 can u help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, can you recheck that model number its not comming up. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok u need ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
can you recheck the model number? its not comming up, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

frs26xgcdo mfd 04-95

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Got it ! I found that the G was a C after I asked sorry. Okay are there no fans or anything running ? If so this is stuck in a defrost cycle and you need to the knob on the defrost timer. graphicthis is located inside the refrigerator section and its number 23 on this diagram. turn it clockwise a 1/4 turn see if this comes on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have turned numerous times will not respond. have been able to hit at base .and wold start in past but not now. can s/w be jumped?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
hit what at the base ? the timer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

control panel both frig or freezer depending on day . can s/w be jumped ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay well if thats the case the cold control is the culprit. you could bypass it until you get a new one but if you leave it jumped out everything will start to freeze in the refrigerator section. I guess if you unplugged it when it got down to temp before it freezes you could get away with it.you would need a thermometer so you could watch it and when it gets down to 36 degrees unplug it. you would need to remember to keep plugging it back in when it warmed up. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Thermostat/5303300027/630215?modelNumber=FRS26XGCD0?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

location of control is?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
its the control you turn to turn the refrigerator up or down or off. the furthest to the right. unplug the refrigerator before doing this. graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok got answer will by pass in the morning.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay have a great night and please don't forget to rate me 3 or above before you sign off so I get credit for helping you, thanks best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

replaced recommended s/w not working.have 120 v on black wire oreng wire 120 s/w full on . Now what????

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Wow thats not good. if your getting power through the cold control then you have a bad wire somewhere. could be in the cabinet and that is bad because theres no way to get to it . probably had the bad wire for a while since you sad you had to bang this to get it to run. all i can tell you now is to check all the wiring you can see and see if any look broken or even possibly chewed, (sometimes a mouse can chew the wires) other than that we've gone over everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well was working with old control pryer to installing new one. old work new not .??????????????

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

The refrigerator was working ? just before you replace the control and now its not ? yesterday you said it wouldn't run at all did it start running since then ? if so the timer may be in a defrost cycle right now try turning it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just checked is running at this time . how fast is s/w response time from off to on? seams to be cooling now .will check later this evening. it mite be fixed.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay let me know. I'm not sure what you mean by S/W response time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

switch how fast components respond to power. should have ask comp time not s/w time. Also found green spade at s/w case bad . green is the system ground? yes . if bad ground to case will s/w still work ? i did repair wire.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well the green is a ground and it should be connected so I'm glad you fixed that, as far as compressor comming on time wise the compressor should run until it gets down to the correct temp. it will shut off about every 8-10 hours for a defrost cycle which will last about 1/2 hour. if you unplug the refrigerator and plug it back in withing 5 minutes the compressor wont come right back on it will usually take a couple of minutes , never should you unplug this when the compressor is running and plug it back in immediately because you can blow the start relay when the compressor is under a compression stroke.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

freezer is down to -25 , frig is going down slowly. will see how it is later. Thanks for help. if fixed in am will rate to finish.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, these can take up to 24 hours to stabilize but usually sooner. let me know, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Good day ! This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridg &freezer are working at this Time. It took longer to cycle off &on then I thought ,but working now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
thats good news, Sometimes they take a while, let me know if you have any other issue's with it. thanks, Bryan