Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

clothes still damp after cycle is run

clothes still damp after cycle is run
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Do you have the model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay perfect. When you checked the thermostats how di you do it ? a volt meter ? Aslo when you open the door is it hot inside ? or just warm ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

volt meter hot?

okay can you try something ? remove the vent altogether from the dryer and run a load . see if they come out dry ? can you try that ? sometimes the airflow if it restricted at all will cause the thermostats to shut the heater down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

don"t have clothes to dry at this time

okay well The vent needs all of the 4 inches of hose to be completely clear to dry the clothes, even if theres a partial blockage it will cause your issue. it may seem clear but trust me if the dryer is hot inside its a vent issue. how long is your vent hose until it reaches outside ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not a hose metal pipe has been cleaned and cleaned lint and blower tube

the only real way to tell for sure is to run a load with the vent off. it doesn't take much to make this not dry completely. the dampness is the moister from the dryer thats not being vented outside. trust me you will be happy if you don't need parts for this. its a simple test. can you wet some towels and try that. I'm not trying to get out of my job I just know this to be true. its happens all the time and people pay me to come out and fix the dryer after saying the vent has been cleaned and sure enough when they tried to clear the vent they didn't get it all. so please try that before we start tearing the dryer down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay great. just do it when you can and reply back. I'll watch for your reply, no rush
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

disconnected tube clothes dried thinking why flow was blocked found exhaust flapper outside house blocked by animal guard not allowing it to open possible suggestion in future check flapper working

thats great ! I knew it was an airflow issue, Okay I'm not sure which air vent flapper you have so thats tough for me to say. the best thing to do is check it once a month and make sure its not getting hung up. there are different types of vent caps you can use also. theres one with a plastic type screen that real good they sell at lowes. IMPERIAL 4-in <a href=Dryer Vent Cap"/>these work very good . you may consider changing it. I'm glad you got to the bottom of this. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just like the one shown my fault for not putting gaurd back properly thank you for making me think

Your very welcome. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, have a great night! Bryan