Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire washer dryer combo with 2 issues. The dryer takes

Frigidaire washer dryer combo with 2 issues. The dryer takes about 80 mins on high heat to dry 2 pairs of jeans, 3 tshirts and some underwear. Drum is 1/2 full. Is that reasonable?

Also when I try to wash a load with hot water, it starts with hot water and then start switching back and forth to (I think) warm water. The end result is the warmest water I can wash with is cool.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FEX831FS4 is on the dryer. I dont see one on the washer.

that works for both, okay first the dryer. when its running if you feel inside is it really hot or just warm ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does seem to be pretty hot (the clothes). I did pull it out and vacuum out the hose and pipe going outside. Its about a 12 foot run.

okay try this . remove the vent from the dryer completely and try a load. let me know if it dries. ,,, As far as the washer goes its the fill valve thats bad. these valves have a sensor on them that is supposed to sense the water temp and adjust it accordingly. Water Inlet ValveNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product Viewthis would need to be replaced. heres a link to that part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/134890600/1258691?modelNumber=FEX831FS4?RCAID=1000065 let me know if the dryer works better with the vent off.