Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my dishwasher wont completely drain. GE Profile Triton, model

my dishwasher wont completely drain. GE Profile Triton, model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Have you checked the entire drain system yet or just the drain hose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just the drain hose. i am not well versed in the entire drain system. Like i mentioned, it does drain, but leaves a inch or two in the bottom of the unit

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks Mike, It's likely that there is a restriction in the drain system, You would need to disconnect the power, water and drain hose, pull the machine out from under the counter then lay it on it's back with the door facing up. You would then have access to the drain system in order to take it apart and check it for restrictions, If a restriction (debris) is found it should be cleared, If nothing is found then it likely the impeller is damaged, this would need to be replaced.

Click here to order a impeller and seal kit

The kit comes with instruction sheet how to do the replacement.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in the exploded version of the drain system, where is the impeller you speak of?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
432 through 429.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay Mike, were having fun now! I'm really good at taking thing apart!!! By diss-assembling the pump ( i think) from the bottom of the unit, labeling as I go, there seems to be a screen or filter in ( 505), i think that's where i'm at.

along with some pieces of glass, a twist tie, and some unrecognisible pieces of black rubber, the screen is also clogged with what seems to be undissolved detergent, and some food buggers. Would that be enough to stop complete drainage? And can that screen be removed for cleaning?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes that would likely be your problem. the screen first the chopper blade needs to come off anti clockwise, then the screen unscrews from the mounting.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i think my screen app is a bit different than what your thinking, but none the less, it actually folds in half, or hinges somewhat. that was enough to allow me to remove the gunk and then clean it completely with a toothbrush. I'm going to get it all back together and give it a spin. thanks Mike. if it still does not drain, then I will attempt the new impeller. thanks again.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome :)

Thanks!

Mike.