Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Optional Information: Brand: kenmore Type of Appliance:

Optional Information:
Brand: kenmore
Type of Appliance: Washer
Model Number: 417.48102701

I am having an issue with my washer going to "no spin" after the rinse cycle. I posted on this site about a month and a half ago and was told to replace the door latch assembly, which I did. it lasted about 3 weeks. Thinking that I may have gotten a defective part, I replace it again. This time it lasted 2 weeks. I'm almost to the point of chunking the washer out the door!!! Any advice on where I should look for the solution to my problem at?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Did the new lock require you to replace the wire harness?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, only the door latch assembly itself. unplugged the old one and plugged in the new one.

About the only thing I can come up with is the door strike is breaking the lock, Does your strike look like this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it does.

Rob,
I am at a loss here, I have never heard of this happening more than once so quickly. Then the only other thing that could be taking out the lock mechanism is the control board for it, It sends the power to the lock and checks it, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will I need to replace the lock assembly again also? and how hard is it to replace the control board?

The control board is not hard to replace, just be careful when you remove the cover as there should be small springs that are used for the buttons.. Also I would replace the door lock again, it should be under warranty if you purchsed it from Repair Clinic.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think it is worth investing $200 more dollars in parts on a 5 year old machine or should I consider purchasing a new washer?

I wouldn't even think about repairing it if I owned it. I would purchase a Samsung Direct Drive front loader, My wife would divorce me If I got rid of ours, had it 9 years now and 6 loads a day, never had one problem with it...