Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My maytag epic z washer has power, but when I put it to anytime

My maytag epic z washer has power, but when I put it to anytime of cycle it just makes a loud sound and does nothing else.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number should be found inside the door opening area of the machine. It will have letters and numbers in it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model: MHWZ600TWO1

TYPE: 832

Does the noise start immediately when turn on the machine? Is there water still in the tub?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No water in tub. Noise only starts when I hit the start button for the cycle.

Can you spin the drum by hand? Does it feel funny or make noise then?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can spin by hand. No noise, does not feel funny.

Is the noise coming from the bottom of the unit, or the top rear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess near the top, but it's really hard to do I get it to work?

Let's try the diagnostic tests, let me know if any error codes are logged in the unit also

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that the only error code logged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You need to remove the panel below the door, it should be held on with 3 screws, you will see a drain pump, there will be a screw cover on the front of it, open it up and clean it out, there is going to be water in there so have some way to catch it, then try running it again with the bottom cover off and see if it works, let me know..

Drain Pump W10130913 Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have been very helpful, but I lack the tools to get off the panel. I need to get a ratchet...small enough to get those screws off. Your rating is 5 in my opinion.

Thanks, I think you drain pump is bad, that is the error code you give me in diagnostics.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory