Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Frigidaire stackable washer/dryer FEX831FS1 that will

I have a Frigidaire stackable washer/dryer FEX831FS1 that will fill and agitate but won't spin and drain. I tried replacing the timer, but the same thing happens. Any wash cycle I try it is the same: fill, agitate then nothing.
Can you suggest somthing else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..does the machine try and drain and spin? does it make any noise at all? or is it just quiet?. thx

Customer:

It just quits agitating.

Customer:

There is no noise.

Randy 43 :

in the spin cycle the drain pump should drain first then go to spin the water out ..it doesnt make any noise at all during this cycle? it is just quiet ,no humming?

Randy 43 :

ok

Customer:

It is just quiet, no humming or any sound at all.

Randy 43 :

then i would think the lid lock is bad , this has to be activated for it to drain and spin ,it will fill and wash but wont spin unless the lid lock is functioning

Randy 43 :

Door or Lid Latch Assembly - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part #NNN-NN-NNNN width=
Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes, but it won't agitate unless the lid lock is engaged either. If I lift the lid during agitation, that action stops. So how could it be the lid lock?

Randy 43 :

it still wont lock in the agitate , it has more than one contact

Randy 43 :

you already changed the timer

Customer:

So you are saying that the lid lock switch can be faulty even if it seems to work by stopping agitation? There is a separate part that enables it to go into draining and then spinning?

Randy 43 :

yes ,in agitate it engages the motor but the locking mechanism doesnt activate ,you can still lift the lid whenever you want ,in the drain and spin the locking lever moves over and locks the lid so you cant lift it up until it disengages ,if you changed the timer already ,it has to be in the lid switch assembly ,especially if you dont hear any humming from either the drain pump or motor in the spin cycle

Customer:

OK, I will give it a try.

Randy 43 :

just looking at wiring diagram lid switch is tan/black to tan /black but lid lock is red/white to white ..2 different contacts to close

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert