Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana BX22S5W - P1196708WW bottom freezer model.

I have an Amana BX22S5W - P1196708WW bottom freezer model. For the last two weeks there's been a clicking sound and the refrigerator is not as cold as it use to be. The freezer is fine. I'm wondering if this is related to the Start Relay component and the Overload component.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

good evening, can you see the pink part sticking out of the box and does it look like the dial on this ? Defrost Timer R0131577 Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the pink part is encased in the metal box. I don't see the rest of the component.

okay but thats where the ticking is comming from I gather,. thats the defrost timer and its failing. you need to order and replace that. heres a link to order it. timer this will fix your issue. now the reason the refrigerator section isn't cooling correctly is the defrost timer is running slow so its not defrosting on time which builds up frost on the coils in the freezer behind the back wall and slows the airflow.