Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a quiet partner 1 model DU 1055 XTSS2. I tried the reset

I have a quiet partner 1 model DU 1055 XTSS2. I tried the reset procedure several times but to no avail. when I press the "NORMAL" button after reseting the breaker. the "HEATED DRY" light comes on simultaneously. I finish the reset procedure and shut the door. The rumbling sound starts, presumbly the motor, and runs for 30 seconds. (draining ???)--I push the "CANCEL" button twice but that does nothing.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today give me a minute to look up your model info. I'll be back shortly.
is this the what you tried ?

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform

the following key presses or actions in less than

6 seconds while in standby:

Heated Dry

➙ Normal ➙ Heated Dry ➙ Normal

To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the

Start/Resume key.

Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and

last ran information from memory and restores

defaults; It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor

calibration cycle.

Calibration cycles begin with a "sensor check" to

determine whether the dishwasher has an OWI soil

sensor or not. If the control detects an OWI, it forces

two rinses to occur prior to Final Rinse (to assure

clear water), then calibrates the OWI during the final

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cycled the power breaker and tried your suggestion. The "NORMAL", "HEATED DRY" buttons illuminate simulataneously but the washer does nothing until the door is closed. THEN the motor will start rumbling, I'll call it, and it apears to be draining. If I don't close the door to initiate this action then the "NORMAL, "HEATED DRY" lights will illuminate and the washer will just sit there with the lights on for 60-70 seconds, then go out

okay so you hear the motor start and then it stops ? does it do anything else ? when the door is shut ? is the water on ? it sounds like its not putting water in which will stop the cycle . do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well, it appears to be draining the water that was in it. It was working fine, then all of a sudden this happened after it completed its last, working, wash cycle. It's not attempting to put in the water. We also cannot turn "OFF" the "HEATED DRY" option or select the "DELAY" options. It's like it's locked into "NORMAL" HEATED DRY" option only AND yes I have a meter but I'll need to remove the panels if were going into that aspect of repairs

are the lights blinking? the heated dry and normal ? if so are they blinking fast or slow ?
also try this.

Press and hold the Heated Dry key for

5 seconds to turn off (or on) the Control

Lock feature.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried the control lock & unlock already before chatting with you guys, no avail

okay. what about the lights ? are they blinking ? if so fast or slow. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no blinking lights at all at any point of troubleshooting, even after cycling the power breaker and the diagnostic steps from earlier ---- my latest observation is that because of the "HEATED DRY" light being illuminated and unable to extinguish the light (turn it off) by pressing the button it will only allow me to change the "CYCLE" options to "LIGHT", 'NORMAL", "POTS & PANS". i think that was standard before just bringing it up to your attention of details for this purpose

okay I get it. well its one of tow things. the keypad is bad or the control board. Main Control Board W10084141       Main Product View

A rapidly blinking LED over

one of the keys of the keypad

(or sometimes a "dead"

keypad/console) indicates one

or more key switch lines are

stuck or shorted on either the

control or the keypad. To

determine if the control or

keypad is faulty, do the

following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect

Open the dishwasher door.

Open console and disconnect the

keypad ribbon connection from

the control (at P1). Make sure all

other connections are made.

Put console back together. Do not

close the dishwasher door.

Plug in dishwasher or reconnect

Wait 5 seconds.

Close dishwasher door.

Monitor the control's response:

If the control is OK (no longer

sees shorts with the keypad

unplugged), it will respond by

turning on a Drain Motor for

2 minutes. Check and/or

replace the keypad if the

control responds OK.

If the control is not OK (still

sees shorts with the keypad

unplugged), then the drain

motor will NOT respond and

will remain off. If no response,

replace the control.

Touchpad and Control Panel W10021710 Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try this and let you know something

okay these are some of the most difficult things to diagnose. but I know its one or the other . thanks and let me know. Bryan
I am sending you a link to the entire service tech sheets maybe that will help. click this link. tech sheets
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

with the instructions provided I did as instructed and the "DRAIN MOTOR" action was initated for the 2 minute cycle so I will come to the conclusion that the keypad is bad and I'll need another one

thats sure is. I was kinda thinking that but these are expensive and didn't want to make an error. heres a link to the part and they have a full 100% money back guaranty even if you installed it and it didn't fix your issue. get it at this link, its worth it because of their guaranty. control panel I sent you the tech sheets just in case you want to go over them. thanks, Bryan