The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Minka air concept fan, probably 5 years old now. The

I have a Minka air concept fan, probably 5 years old now. The problem is that it is making a low hum noise on all speeds and both directions. Is slowly getting worse. How can I go about rectifying this problem?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Unfortunately the humming is the sound of the motor under more strain. This is what normally happens when fans wear out.

You can have a new motor put into it but the cost is prohibitive. You could get a brand new one for less.

Sorry for the bad news. I wish it could be better.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.