The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

refrigerator with big ball of ice on the outside of the black

refrigerator with big ball of ice on the outside of the black panel of evaporator coil. I can tell the cooling in less than it use to be. It is not a defrost issue. there is a ball of ice in the refrigerator the side of a tennis ball. what would cause this to form like this there is actually 2 of them
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
This usually indicates a low refrigerant issue. Unfortunately there isnrt anything that you can do about it as the EPA requires that you be licensed to handel refrigerants to recharge refrigeration systems. You only option is to contact a refrigeration repair service and have the unit recharged.
Sorry for the bad news. i wish it could be better.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
**How to rate your expert**