Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

HOW DO I DISCONNECT THE WATER HOSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FREEZER

HOW DO I DISCONNECT THE WATER HOSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FREEZER DOOR IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE DOOR?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

I cannot see the part without the model number of the refrigerator but I will take a shot at it and if I am wrong please give me the model number from the fresh food section.

Usually there is a short line that runs from the freezer door to a connector. There is a ring around the line at the end of that connector. Press that ring toward the connector and push the line toward the connector at the same time. Hold the ring in place and pull the line out.

To re-insert push the line in and give it a tug. Once in a while you will need to lift the ring away from the connector but most times just push in the line and tug will seat it.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating so that I am compensated. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, that worked...there is a yellow ring that released the hose when pushed in somewhat. Thank you!

You are very welcome, thank you for the opportunity Tony. You and your family have a nice rest of the weekend.

Barry