Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

RE: Kitchenaid Ice Maker Model# XXXXX part #2313741.

RE: Kitchenaid Ice Maker Model# XXXXX part #2313741. We ordered a replacement Water Valve because the original part developed a significant leak. I just installed the replacement part and it leaks as well, although it leaks in a slightly different location and not as significant. Both leaks are located near the top of the valve between the two green protrusions (one of which is the outlet connection). neither the outlet or inlet connections are leaking.

What do I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is this leaking where one of the two arrows are ? graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is behind the arrows.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay you definitely received a faulty valve if thats the case. these are sealed and don't leak there unless the valve was bad. strange though how two valves did the same thing. have you had your water pressure checked ? there may be too much pressure and its blowing the seals. if your sure the leak is definitely comming through the valve itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Our water pressure is well below the 155 psi stated on the valve. We have many appliances that would be impacted by high pressure, such as two refers with ice makers, dishwasher, laundry washer and six toilets.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay if your absolutely sure the leak is comming from the valve then its bad. the one thing you should do is take a paper towel and wrap it around the plastic tubes. hold it there for a bit and see if the towels get wet. I have seen many times a very tiny pinhole leak that spays such a fine mist that you cant even see it. make sure thats not the case on your. if not send that valve back and get a new one. like I said these valves are factory sealed so it has to be defective which is not that unusual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Using a flashlight I could see the drip form between the two barrels above the Y, so we know where the leak is located but it is behind the valve so I cannot view the point of the leak. I will send the valve back.

Thanks for the help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, at least you know, its not that unusual to be honest. thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.