Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE: washer machine is over flowing --water will not shut o

washer machine is over flowing --water will not shut off

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get me the model number ? thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where can I find model #

for a top load. look under the lid, along the top(of control panel) on the back or on the side of the machine. its in one of those spots.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

0996-88750 002

APPFWS mfr MT198430G

Im re sending this --not sure if u received it -its not showing up on sent msg

perfect. Okay theres a water level switch up in your control panel. unplug the washer and remove the screws along the top of the control panel and tip the control forward. you will see this. connected to that is a rubber hose. first make sure it hasn't come off, if it did put it back on and try the fill again. if not pull the rubber hose of and blow through it. are you able to blow through it? if yes replace the water level control, if no you need to take high pressure air and blow it out clean. (an air compressor is best for that) once the tube is clear it will run correctly. if you need the part heres a link . and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing looks like that in there

you opened the control and theres no water level control in this ? is there anything that a soft rubber hose goes to ?

nothing looks like this ? 269802-2-M-GE-WH12X10076-Water-Level-Pressure-Switch.jpg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that's it and I cant blow thru it should I use air compressor to blow thru

yes thats the issue. at least you wont have to buy any parts. take an air compressor and blow though the hose to clear it. what happens in these get clogged with soap sometime and the pressure cant go up the hose and shut the water off. clear it and your all set ! good job, thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THATS FIXED IT!!!!!!! Thank u !!!!!