Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore HE3 that I just replaced the Drum bellow and

I have a Kenmore HE3 that I just replaced the Drum bellow and now when it runs I get an error code of F H, It appears to be getting too much water? what do I need to do to fix this?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is full of water and the door is lock so I can not see the model #

okay I see. The reason you get the error is because the machine does not detect water going in. Now the reason it doesn't is because there is already water in its that hasn't drained, what you need to do is clear the drain pump trap. To do this there are screws on the front panel below the door so you can remove the access panel. They are way down the of the floor so you may have to lay down to see them, remove the screws get some towels ready and opened the drain pump trap. Slowly so you can catch the water with the towels, I usually tipped the machine back in lean against the wall and put something under it to keep it from falling. That way most of the water is in the back of the drum and you can open the trap without getting soaked. Clean the pump trap and put it back in, then hit cancel drain and let the water run out. Then you should be able to start a new load and it should run fine. Let me now, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It pumps the water out, it is on the fill cycle that it puts too much water in to the tube. I am able to run the spin and drain cycle which it is doing now.

okay see if it will open after it drains and if so get me the model number so I can look this up. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX I did open the pump trap, it was clear and only a little water came out.

Okay perfect, The issue is the water level control. this is located under the top and its part number 23 on this diagram. you need to order and replace it. heres a link to order it. this is what senses the water level. thanks and best wishes, Bryan