Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

water leaks from my top freezer into my frig on the left s

water leaks from my top freezer into my frig on the left side
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Paul,

Your defrost drain is clogged. Instead of the water going down the defrost drain in the freezer its going through the freezer floor wherever it can and leaking into the fresh food section.

Unplug the refrigerator.

Remove the parts with the red arrows in the diagram below.

Behind those parts is the evaporator coil that defrosts about every 10 hours. The drain for the defrost is in the floor directly under those coils, its just about the size of a dime. Dig out all the ice and clear that hole.

Once you get that done pour a little warm water down it to be sure its clear. If its not clear find something flexible and push down through it a couple of inches.

Go around behind your refrigerator and remove the lower panel then find the tube that comes out just over the drain pan. If there is a small amount of water in that pan you will be done. The water that drains into that pan evaporates.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating so that I am compensated. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou barry I will do this Ido see a lot of ice around the center station in the freeze paul

You are welcome Paul. Thank you for the opportunity. If you get stuck or have questions please ask. I plan to be here all day except for 30 minutes break sometime around 3 hours from now.