Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

i purchased from sears 2 kenmore elite heavy duty freezers

i purchased from sears 2 kenmore elite heavy duty freezers back in may. one freezer the alarm was chirping this am. first the screen on alarm was off. when i opened fridge to make sure contents was frozen alarm started ce. keeps coming on and shuting off. battery is fine. how do i reset?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams. Please space the numbers out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 like that or it will not show on my end.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model number:

2 5 3 - 1 6 5 8 2 1 0 4

update- i put a fresh battery in and screen wont stay on but inside of freezer appears to be staying frozen. i put a cup of water in and it is freezing. normally we keep at -10, when i could see temp it was at 0.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX time to look up the error and see what iot's for
Hi David, CE is a communication error between the control showing the error and the main board at the rear by the compressor. These 2 boards cost $88 for the digital board and $104 for the main board by the compressor. There is no way to know which is causing the error because the problem is not electrical and cannot be measured with a meter. The problem is digital communication between the boards.

What you can do is be prepared for it to not restart so you will have a place to put your food. Unplug it and check all of the wire connectors you can find. I can see there are 5 connectors by the compressor that goes to the main control board. Make sure they are clean and tight. And it appears the other board is screwed on under the overlay. You would not want to remove that to check those connections because that will void your warranty if it is noticed. Plug it in and give it a go. You are supposed to have a year warranty with that unit. Then if it comes down to it and the CE error will not go away I recommend calling Sears and let their tech guess which board to swap because that is what it will be. You just cannot know which board is causing it.
If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.