Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Electrolux mod: EI28BS56IB5 fridge. Ice maker having problems

Electrolux mod: EI28BS56IB5 fridge. Ice maker having problems and not producing ice. Fridge is 2 yrs old. Do you know if there is a fix for this models ice maker ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today.. can you give me the model number ? thx

Customer:

mod: EI28BS56IBS

Randy 43 :

hi ,that is the icemaker that has many upgrades , have you done any diagnostic tests?

Customer:

like what diagnostics?

Randy 43 :

there are some diagnostics that can be done , is the icemaker on in the display ? if so press and hold the 2 two up arrows on the freezer and fridge settings ..it should go into diagnostics ..let me know

Randy 43 :

hold for 3-5 secs

Customer:

I wont be at the fridge till tomorrow :-( can you explain some procedures to follow and what to expect from them ??

Randy 43 :

its a little hard unless you are there , can you contact me tomorrow and we can go thru the diagnostics?

Customer:

Sure will you be around tomorrow at 10:00 am ?

Randy 43 :

ill be online around 11:00 am tomorrow , too late for you?

Customer:

this chat session is new to me with just answer usually I have to wait a while while I ask questions

Randy 43 :

chat is faster .we can do either way

Customer:

chat is great can that be done at sometime starting at 11:00 tomorrow ? Is chat anew thing with just answer ? I think it's great

Randy 43 :

no ,its been here for awhile , a lot of customers dont like chat? not sure why? but ill be online by 11am

Customer:

ok do I just look for you. Randy or just randomly ask a question ? not sure how to directly contact you ?

Randy 43 :

just respond to this same question ,itll show up on my screen

Customer:

ok thanks for your help

Randy 43 :

ok ,talk to you later

Customer:

do you feel that we can pinpoint the ice maker issue even with all the upgrades for it ?

Randy 43 :

truthfully that icemaker had a LOT of issues ,with the various tests ,it can pinpoint which board version it has ,if the fan is working?, if the motor is stripped?,,heater function ..it was a problem ,im not going to lie ..it isnt a very good icemaker

Customer:

is there a certain model # XXXXX this whole ice maker or does it just come in parts ?

Randy 43 :

it comes in parts only , that is the problem , it is part of the fridge section , they now make a totally different icemaker that can be changed as a whole unit , just because of the issues the original icemaker had

Customer:

cant I just pick up that ice maker to replace the existing one with problems or was it not made to be interchangeable ?

Randy 43 :

not on your model , it is not interchangeable ,,it only has upgrade parts ,that is why electrolux went with a completely new style icemaker that is interchangeable

Customer:

ok thanks this has been very helpful and I will look for you tomorrow around 11;00

Randy 43 :

ok .talk tomorrow

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert