Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have Kenmore Elite French Door refrigerator Model 795.75543401.

I have Kenmore Elite French Door refrigerator Model 795.75543401. The ice maker stopped working after we disconnected for a period of 2-3 mos for a kitchen remodel. We are able to get water in the door. We tried using a hair dryer in case there was a blockage . When we turned on the ice maker we could hear a sound like it was trying to work but no luck.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

are the fingers turning in the ice maker ? is it cycling ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We don't believe they are.

okay , if the ice makers not cycling the motor has seized up inside it. unfortunately they don't sell the motor separately you would need to replace the ice maker. this happens when these are shut off for a long time like that. the ice maker is $99.00 at this link. sorry for the bad news, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan