Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Viking Professional Refrigerator Model #VCBB363RSS Serial

We have a Viking Professional... Show More
We have a Viking Professional Refrigerator
Model #VCBB363RSS
Serial #0072904H0000002537
The fan in the top of fridge is making a weird noise, and it seems to be getting worse each day. The temperature seems to be fine just an annoying noise. Would anyone know what it may be???

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, are you talking about the condenser fan up in the top near the compressor or are you talking about one inside say the freezer section?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

The Fan at the top near the compressor. You here the noise louder when you open the door to the fridge

Okay actually this is a very common problem on these refrigerators,Viking has redesigned the fans, all of these fans have been failing and get very loud before they fail, I have a link for the new replacement fan for this, click this link, Fan you need to replace this before in fails, if by chance before the new fan gets there in this one stops try and put a small stand up in the area or at least in front of it blowing towards the compressor, that will help reduce the chances of a compressor failure due to all the heat. I hope this helps, thanks in very best wishes, Bryan
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

My husband is pretty handy is this simple to install?

yes It just plugs in. There are vent on the right and left side wall inside the refrigerator. pry these caps Off then you will see the screws holding the center vent. Remove the screws and you will have access to replace the vent fan motor. It's a pretty simple job and if your husband is handy I'm sure he can do this, thank you so much and please don't forget to rate me three or above so I get credit for assisting you, thanks and have a great day, Bryan