Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE gas oven JGBS23BEL2BB oven not working. Background:

GE gas oven JGBS23BEL2BB oven not working.

Background: My wife turned on oven at 350 and both front burners on high to boil water. After about 5 minutes she went to turn the burners down and the knobs had a dragging resistance but the flame would not go down. she turned the knobs back and forth panicing a bit and finally the burner flames went down and she turned them off. She said the burner surface area and knobs were hot. We have noticed that when the oven is on any pots on the cook top get quite hot. Back to the situation, she put the timer on for 30 mins and came back when it went off to find the Chicken was only warmer than room temp not cooked or hot as expected. Now the oven does not work. Burners still do.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon . does this have a bottom drawer that you can open ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just opened it.

okay turn the knob to bake at around 350, watch underneath , does the igniter glow ? it may take a minute.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. it does and the gas comes on. Now when I turn the knob to turn it off it is still going.

okay good, you need to replace the thermostat. Oven Thermostat WB20K8 Main Product View these go all the time. you can order this at the following link. its around $94.00 . this will fix your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'll replace it and rate you if it fixes the issue. thanks.

okay thats fine, It will though guaranteed ! . that what sends the power to the igniter. it will fix it. thanks , Bryan