repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

My refrigerator is new. It has 2 doors and a freezer on the

Customer Question

My refrigerator is new. It has 2 doors and a freezer on the bottom. Water leaks out onto the floor almost daily. I have taken everything out of the freezer to let the ice maker defrost, but that does not help. We cannot pull it out from the built in frame. We have extremely hard water here. Thank you. Barbara
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. So that I may help you more specifically, please send me the model number of your refrig, thanks. It is located in the frig. either on the side walls or on the ceiling. Thanks for your response back. Smile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model # XXXXX I may have mislead you with the "new"

description. I think it is 2 years old, and the problem is about 1 year old.

Where is the "OK service" that I am supposed to click?

Hi Barbara, thanks for your reply back. On the floor of the freezer, do you have a cake of ice? If you do, what has probably happened, is the drain hole under the evaporator Is probably plugged. Sometimes debris can get down in the hole and plug it up. You may have to remove some racks to get to the problem. The cooling coil is behind the back wall of the freezer. Underneath the coil is a trough with a hole in it for the drain. Take a flashlite, and see if you can see the trough. If you can't, sorry to say, you will have to empty the freezer out including the racks. Then remove the back wall. Once there, and before you do this, turn the frig. off. Use a blow dryer to melt the cake of ice on the floor and in the trough. When that is done, concentrate the dryer on the drain hole, until you can see it. Apply heat, until you can use maybe a squeeze bottle or baster filled with hot water and force it into the hold until water runs clear. I have provided the way for you to rate me, only if you are satisfied with my answer. I am here, if you have further questions, before you decide to give my my rating. Let me know how you come out, thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Makes sense, now I have to decide if it is easier to just put a towel on the floor. LOL

Barbara

Hi Barbara, I agree, its a bit of a job to correct the drain problem, but it can be done. This is something, like you said, you have to decide what you want to do. Again, I am here, if you decide to go ahead. I will help you as much as I can. Have a good day, and thanks. Smile
Experience: 38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
Thanks for letting me help you, it is appreciated.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here