Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchenaid Superba Slectra stove. It is 7 or 8 years

I have a Kitchenaid Superba Slectra stove. It is 7 or 8 years old. Model number YKERC507EB3. This model number is XXXXX to find. But here is the problem. After 15 or 20 minutes in cooking something the stove starts to beep and a small about of steam comes out the small vent on the top of the stove. Also along with this a error code F4 also appears and then a probe image also appears on the stove dash.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Does the control panel look like this ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not exactly. The information screen is in the middle and there are touch pads buttons down each side. The numbers control is to the right of the main screen

okay how about this one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is the one

okay great ! where did you get the model number ? was it on the book or range ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the range jusy above the on the lower drawer

okay well I came up with this model number and since the clock is the same this would be the unit. KERC507EBL3 ,,, replace the sensor. heres a link to the part. sensor thanks and best wishes, Bryan

F4Shorted oven temperature sensor Replace oven temperature sensor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the model number you used is not the same as the one I gave you. I suppose since the clock is the same it doesn't matter. Is that correct.

yes the sensor is the same. they only used one in these ranges. that will work and take care of your issue, this is an older range so all the model numbers are no longer in the data bases.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay I took the sensor out and its resistance is 880. That is not a significant difference from the video information

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took the old but still good heat sensor and bought a new one. The new won has the same resistance as the old one so therefore the old one is perfectly good. Where do I and you go from here?

Okay so you have the new probe and it ohms the same ? thats strange because that code in the error codes says bad sensor (probe) thats not good news then. there are only two things that can cause that error and if the probe isn't the issue the control is, its not reading the probe correctly. It could be that the probe you took out has an intermittent problem when it heats up, can you try the new probe to make sure ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A new control panel costs $700 and that is the only thing left. The heat sensor, even though the F4 says probe the problem is in the other end and that's the control panel. At least that is what I believe.

yeah thats crazy money, and yes the probe goes directly to the control and theres nothing else between it