Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Neptune XL, model number FAV9800AWQ. Im getting

I have a Maytag Neptune XL, model number FAV9800AWQ. Im getting an error message that says the door has not been opened since the last 3 cycles, to open and close the door and press START. I have done that multiple times with no result.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. This machine has two lid locks in it. Door Lock 25001048        Main Product View one on the left and one on the right, One of the two isn't sending a signal to the board. can you try and put this in diagnostic mode ?

Enter / Exit Service Mode

To enter Service Mode press the

Enviro Plus and Spin

Only

keys for three seconds or until the control beeps.

The motor speed will be displayed when started (motor

not running display will be 00). The present state of the

machine will not be changed. (i.e., the current cycle in

progress will not be interrupted and only the display will

change).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know where to find the enviroplus and spin keys. Its not on the display.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Enter / Exit Service Mode

To enter Service Mode press the

Help and Back keys for

three seconds or until the control beeps. The motor

speed will be displayed when started (motor not running

display will be 0). Diagnostic codes will be shown and the

System Check

or Service utility can be started. The

present state of the machine will not be changed. (i.e.,

the current cycle in progress will not be interrupted and

only the display will change

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok...im in service mode. what next?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

This will be a quick check of all systems.

1. Lid locks.

2. Press

Start\Pause.

3. Lid unlocks.

4.

Open lid.

5.

Close lid.

6. Press

Start\Pause.

7. Lid locks.

8. Cold water bleach fill.

9. Bleach fill.

Advance to next step if water is not

connected to machine

.

10. Tumble using 48 rpm tumble for 10 seconds.

11. Hot fill.

12. Fabric softener fill.

Advance to next step if water is

not connected to machine

.

13. Drain.

14. Spin to 150 rpm.

15. Spin to 350 rpm.

16. Spin to 850 rpm.

17. Pump cycles on and off.

18. Coast to 0 rpm.

19. Lid unlocks.

If

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no luck. It ran though the service steps and still getting the error message. both sides of the locking system are attaching to the door during the service check.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay well if you can isolate which switch you will need to replace both unfortunately. They may be locking but one of them isn't sending the correct signal to the control. I was hoping we could isolate which one. have you received any fault codes besides door hasn't been opened ? like an f code ? also try unplugging the washer for 5 minutes and plug it back in see if that clears the error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I may have made some progress. It is now running through a full service cycle. Water filling and draining...etc. I had tried unplugging it, and once this cycle finishes I will try again. Hopefully it will reset the system. If not I'm sure a repairman is in my immediate future.

Thank you so much for the attempt at helping me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Maybe the system will reset. I hope so. thanks and have a great weekend, Thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.