Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I washed a pair of shorts in my Whirpool Cabrio model W10405144A

I washed a pair of shorts in my Whirpool Cabrio model W10405144A that had my wedding rings and an heirloom necklace in the pocket. The rings were sitting in the tub with the clothes but I can't find the necklace. Could it have slipped under the agitator? Or maybe been flung somewhere else in the machine? Should I take the metal "shell" off the machine and look around?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this may be under the agitator or could have gone as far as the pump. let me pull up some diagrams I'll be back shortly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great! Thanks

okay this can be a pain, you have to take the agitator off to get a look under it. most likely the chain is there if its not to small. on this diagram remove the cap number 1 to expose the nut holding the agitator in. the nut is # XXXXX and the agitator number 6. remove the nut and lift the agitator up, hopefully you can reach under and get your chain without having to take the rest out. let me know. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How should I remove the cap? Is it threaded or does it pop off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok got part one off. Looking for the 1/4 inch tool to remove the nut (step 2).

okay sorry my mom called I was on the phone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem. Two of us tried to ratchet the bolt off. One holding the drum so it won't spin the other trying to remove the bolt.

okay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any other way to gain access to that part of the machine?

You cant get the bolt out ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

finally got the bolt out. Found the pendant but not the chain. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

well the chain must have gone through and could be in the drain pump assembly. check the pumps underneath the machine. tip it back and you should be able to see them their number 1 and 4 ,, 4 is the drain pump.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
thats about all you can do. if its anywhere else you will need a tech, these machines can be a horror. thanks and best wishes, Bryan