Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My thermador stovetop pilot light is out. It doesnt click

My thermador stovetop pilot light is out. It doesn't click when I turn on the burner gas

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And do you not get any clicking when you try to turn any of the cooktop burners on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Stand by. Where is the model number located?

I will test all the burners again

The model number will be located on a sticker on the bottom of the cooktop under the countertop if this is a drop in cooktop.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model: GPS364GDS

None of the burners click

The right side burners w/out extra low get gas and can start with a match

The left side burners w the extra low feature don't get gas

So this really sounds like you're just not getting power from your house to the cooktop. Run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working and see if the cooktop starts working again. If that doesn't get the unit working, then you have a broken wire somewhere in the cooktop coming from your power cord. I say this because the extra low burners have a different simmer module than the other spark module the standard burners use. So if all of them are not working and the gas doesn't even flow to the left extra low burners, then nothing is getting power and there are no fuses in this model that cut out power to everything.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!