Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How to repair a loose door handle for a refridgerator? There

Customer Question

How to repair a loose door handle for a refridgerator? There are no screws visible except from the inside of the handle?

Model # XXXXX Frigidaire
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The handle (number 18) will slide up to remove, it takes a bit of force. Once the handle is off, there are locking screws (number 21) that will then be accessible for tightening.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I have removed the handle, but on one side of the handle the screw is stuck inside the handle. Can't remove the screw.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is there a small Allen type screw on the side or bottom of the handle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, while waiting on you I figured how to get the screw out. But now I can't get the handle back on the refrigerator. The allen type of screws are in the refrigerator. I have tried the same technique to pull off the handle to put the handle back on. Once one end has locked in the other end will not fit.

I hope that makes sense, hard explaining it!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you will have to place the handle over the top and bottom screw nubs, then slide it down so they lock in together.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got it! Thanks for your help!!!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great, very well done! have a wonderful afternoon!