Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

ge gas range model jgbs19den2bb only gas appliance in home tenant

ge gas range model jgbs19den2bb

only gas appliance in home

tenant says gas smell 'alot over last month, kept forgetting to tell you'

no bubbles at either end of newer 9yellow) flex line

no smell i can detect

oven and stove function.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you remove the cover (number 5) to expose the valves (number 15) and "soap test" the orifices with the valves off to see if any bubbles are produced, please? Let me know what you find, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no bubbles moving. just the soap ones from spash
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Okay, excellent! Did you soap up the are around the combination valve assembly, pictured below, especially the connections and the oven orifice? Any bubbles?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i poured it on the whole area. covering everything but the wires
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Great, it sounds like you did a very thorough job! Any other gas appliances in the home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no. just that. and i was there an smell

im kinda thinking toss in a plug in gas / co detector and call it done.

they took a month to call...couldnt be that bad
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
I agree and it may be that it smells a bit when they use the oven, that is normal. How are the flames, are they blue on the top burners?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
blue. they also had this brown sheet in the oven...brown waxy...maybe a drip sheet. i took it out
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Yes, those are not good, even though they are sold for that purpose. What I would do if I were in your position, just as a "CYA" measure, is call the local gas company and see if they offer free leak inspections, as most do. They have electronic gas detectors and that way you will have done everything you could possibly do. I would also move forward with the CO detector, that is a cheap precaution. Although it does not detect a gas leak, it will alert if CO is an issue with any of the burner flames. I believe you have done a thorough investigation so I don't think there is an issue unless it is intermittent, which would be very unlikely.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!